Okay, so I've been on a bit of a gin kick the past few weeks. I think it has something to do with my buddy visiting this week, who's favorite drink is Gin and Juice (specifically Tanqueray 10 and Simply Orange High Pulp), but that's not the point. I started doing some research on gin, and searching for reviews on what I might try that was out of the ordinary, and came across this review: Hendrick's Gin Review: Wake Up And Smell The Roses on LiquorSnob.com. Not only did the reviewer have me giggling with their excellent writing, but they were right...

After drinking T-10 and Juice (in my case, Tropicana Blueberry Pomegranate) for the past week, I bought some Hendrick's on my way home from work today (well, technically after the post office and before the grocery store, but you get the general idea). I got home, and made up two gin and tonics for the wife and myself. I didn't have any cucumber for a garnish (which I can now see would really make the drink), but I was shocked at the smoothness and complexity of the drink and finish. The reviewer at LiquorSnob.com really did hit it on the head. It seems to me, that Hendrick's may be the gin for whiskey drinkers (of which I am, Jameson's being my poison of choice). I am of the mind now, that I will be forsaking my dear Jameson's for the remainder of the summer months, in favor of Hendricks and tonic water, with a slice of cucumber.

This "not-so-much-a-liquor-snob" gives Hendrick's Gin an A+

Later this week, my review of Lucid Absinthe Supérieure which should be arriving by Thursday. (reminder to self... buy some sugar cubes)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home